Stress and anxiety can take a toll on your mental and physical health. Rather than toughing it out and moving on, you can enhance your mood with a natural supplement like Lumiday.
Besides improving your mood, Lumiday should balance serotonin levels, control appetite, and reduce stress and anxiety. With the right ingredients, this product could be your solution to bad days and ongoing stress.
To find out if Lumiday can really do all that is claimed, we decided to take a closer look at this formula. Here, you’ll find detailed ingredient information and analysis, a look at who should take Lumiday, and whether or not it is cost effective.
The Ingredients of Lumiday
The formula of Lumiday is made up of several natural, proven ingredients. We’ll go over the most potent ingredients, along with what they are and what they do.
• St. John’s Wort (300mg) is an herbal remedy that is often used to treat mild forms of depression in teenagers and adults. Considered a weed in most parts of the United States, St. John’s wort is actually proven to have effects similar to those of antidepressants. In two large studies done by the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, the herb was shown to be more effective than a placebo in treating depression of moderate severity. Its usefulness in actual antidepressants is snow being studied by the same center.
• Vitamin B Complex (960mg) is made up of B vitamins like B-6 and B-12, which play major roles in producing brain chemicals that affect the mood. Low levels of these vitamins can lead to depression, so it follows that taking a daily supplement of B vitamins may be able to improve your mood. However, these hypotheses have yet to be proven and if you aren’t low in B vitamins, this complex may not help you as much as other ingredients.
• Rhodiola Rosea Extract (100mg) is the latest in what’s being called the medley of “good mood herbs.” A plant that is grown in cold regions, Rhodiola Rosea has an anti-fatigue effect that increases mental performance and wards off burnout. It has also been studied as a remedy for mild to moderate depression, but studies have been inconclusive. Supporters, however, say it plays a role in relieving stress and anxiety, and improving stamina and physical energy.
• Ashwagandha Root(50mg) has a history of more than a thousand years of treating and alleviating mood disorders brought on by stress and anxiety. Ashwagandha is even said to treat insomnia and male infertility. It works by combatting common mood stressors and affecting GABA receptors in a similar way as pharmaceutical drugs like Ativan and Valium, which help calm manic depression and anxiety.
• 5-HTP (100mg), or 5-Hydroxytryptophan, is a naturally-occurring amino acid that is said to calm a variety of mood-related conditions such as mood swings and insomnia. It works by triggering more serotonin production in the brain, which offsets harmful chemicals that may be lowering your mood. However, it is also associated with a large variety of negative side effects, such as adverse drug interactions and poor decision making.
• L-Theanine (200mg) is an amino acid able to cross the blood-brain barrier, which makes it able to reduce mental and physical stress and improve cognition. It works in a similar manner to caffeine, and placebo-controlled studies have shown mood improvement without side effects.
Other ingredients in Lumiday include Vitamin D-3, Thiamin, Niacin, and Salidrosides.
Will Lumiday Be Effective?
Lumiday includes some top notch ingredients, alongside some whose benefits are more doubtful, but overall it seems to have the potential to combat some mild day-to-day depression brought about by stress and other external factors.
High quality ingredients like St. John’s wort are included in their recommended dosages for treating depression, and only some like 5-HTP come with unwanted side effects.
Overall, Lumiday seems to be a high quality supplement for fighting mild depression, though it probably won’t provide lasting effects like a prescription can.
Is the Lumiday Company Trustworthy?
Lumiday is based in Murray, Utah and has Better Business Bureau rating of an A minus, which makes us believe it is a trustworthy company. It has had five complaints filed against it, but Lumiday has dealt with all of them to the satisfaction of the Better Business Bureau.
Customers also report good experiences with Lumiday, citing natural-feeling results and good delivery time. The only complaint people had against Lumiday was the price tag.
Cost & Guarantee
The cost for a bottle of Lumiday is $69.99. If you are not satisfied with your results while using the enhancer, you can return it within 30 days for a refund.
The official website of Lumiday does offer a free trial of the product. However, since free trials are usually used to enroll customers in an autoship program, we recommend that you read the fine print closely to avoid complications.
Who Should Take Lumiday?
While Lumiday may be effective for helping you fight off situational depression, it is no substitute for a proper antidepressant or counselor. If you feel you are in need of more serious attention, you should consult with a doctor rather than opt for over-the-counter prescriptions like Lumiday.
Remember, signs of real depression include more than just “sad” feelings. Depression involves a lack of motivation, no enjoyment in things you once loved, and feelings of hopelessness. If you are experiencing this level of severity, it is unlikely that Lumiday will be able to help you at the level you need.
Should You Try Lumiday?
Lumiday is not a medication or drug that fights depression by altering your brain’s chemistry. Rather, Lumiday is a blend of all-natural ingredients that support a healthier mind set and mental state. From our analysis of this mood enhancer, we determined that the ingredients are some of the best for naturally improving mood.
The label of this product discloses ingredient amounts so we can see if the clinically proven doses are being used. As far as we could tell, each ingredient in Lumiday should be included in an amount that is effective.
This mood enhancer does not cause negative side effects and does not alter your mind. Rather, it works with your body’s natural processes, improves your mood, and reduces stress. The nutrients in Lumiday also promote relaxation and better health.
If this sounds like something you’d like to try, and you can afford the price tag, we think you’ll be happy with Lumiday.